Most people are aware of the general health benefits of regular exercise. It strengthens your bones and muscles and improves your ability to perform everyday tasks. It’s good for your heart and helps you maintain a healthy weight. If that’s not enough to motivate you to work out on a regular basis, here are some surprising facts that are more likely to get you into the gym and on the path to optimal fitness.
- Exercising not only improves your physical health, but also your brain power. It increases the production of cells that enhance your memory and mental performance.
- Exercise boosts your immune system, helping to prevent various diseases. As a result, you become sick less often.
- You can burn 200 to 600 calories per hour through moderate-intensity exercise, thereby losing weight without having to refrain from eating your favorite foods.
- If you exercise with a focus on muscle building and not losing it, you will end up losing more calories through exercise in the long run, because muscle tissue burns more calories than fat tissue. This is why muscle builders need to eat more calories, while people who need to lose weight focus on losing fat, not muscle.
- Exercise works on the cellular level to help prevent the visible signs of aging. In fact, if you exercise three times per week for 45 minutes, you may see yourself looking (and feeling) younger.
- Working out can improve the overall appearance of your skin. That’s because when you sweat, it releases dirt through your pores which, in turn, reduces acne and breakouts.
- Research shows that working out in a group setting – instead of alone – improves your workout performance. Besides, it’s more fun and a great way to foster camaraderie and build relationships with new friends.
- Regular exercise provides energy and improves your strength and stamina by releasing endorphins – the feel-good chemicals (hormones) into your bloodstream. It can also boost your productivity at work.
- Working out promotes better sleep habits. If you have trouble getting a good night’s rest, exercise can help you feel more relaxed and confident, allowing you to fall asleep and stay asleep more easily.
- Music is one of the keys to improved workout performance. Whether you’re plugged into headphones or working out to music in an aerobics class, the rhythm has a motivating effect that can keep you focused on your routine. The result: A longer and more effective workout.
Fitness Services Above and Beyond Your Expectations
At Koko FitClub in San Antonio, Texas, you can forget the cookie-cutter approach to fitness that other gyms offer. Our state-of-the-art facility offers more than just gym equipment and a place to work out. We provide the most advanced and individualized fitness plans and services that are customized to your specific needs. These include:
- Personalized fitness training, including cardio and strength training and body composition measurements and monitoring.
- Wellness programs designed to help you strengthen your body and immune system to maintain a healthier life.
- Meal planning with the help and guidance of coaches who personalize your plan to your individual goals.
- Weight loss with the personal training needed and meal planning provided by our dedicated coaches to help you reach your goal.
At Koko FitClub, your workouts fit your schedule. You can work out 24 hours a day without having to schedule an appointment. We even offer online workouts.
To learn more about our services and membership, call Koko FitClub today at (210) 560-3044 and make an appointment to visit us at our Alamo Heights/Carousel Court location or use our convenient contact form.
We look forward to helping you focus on your health and achieve your individual fitness goals.