No one ever said losing weight was easy – even when you’ve committed to a conscientious weight loss fitness plan. However, there are ways to shed pounds faster and more easily without having to make your gym workouts a grueling experience.
Here are 10 weight loss tips to help you do just that:
- Fuel your body with a low-carb diet before you work out. Aside from its many health benefits, a low-carb diet promotes weight loss. These foods include lean meats, fish, eggs, leafy green vegetables, nuts, seeds, oils, and fruits such as apples, blueberries, and strawberries. Because exercise lowers blood sugar, which can lead to hypoglycemia, a sufficient amount of carbohydrates is required to provide your muscle cells with the glucose and energy you need to have a beneficial workout.
- Focus on compound movements. Compound movements involving one, two, or more joints help train multiple muscle groups. Multi-joint exercises – such as bench presses, deadlifts, squats, leg presses, and military presses – increase metabolic output and help you burn off extra calories while building muscle and strength.
- Keep your rest periods to a minimum. Shorter rest periods between exercise sets create a greater release of growth hormone, which aids in fat-burning. Take 30 seconds of rest with isolation movements and one to two minutes with compound movements to keep your heart rate up and stay within an optimal fat-burning zone.
- Top off your workout with cardio activities. Aerobic exercises, such as skipping, walking, or running on a treadmill, help increase your metabolism and burn calories. Do these activities after your strength training session, so you have sufficient energy for muscle-building exercises.
- Be disciplined and consistent. The key to achieving your weight loss goals ultimately lies in sticking to the right healthy habits and performing them every day. Follow your fitness regimen and don’t skip a trip to the gym unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- Take care of your body outside the gym. In addition to hitting the gym regularly, get plenty of sleep for muscle tissue recovery and stick to a healthy, balanced diet after your workouts. Not only will this deliver satisfactory weight-loss results, but it will also optimize your overall physical and mental well-being.
- Aim for about 45 minutes of exercise per day. Researchers at the University of Kentucky recently discovered that with at least 300 minutes of exercise per week, you can lose weight and burn fat, even if you inadvertently increase your food intake.
- Crank up your calorie burn rate with vigorous activities. Simply picking up the pace of your workout can boost your calorie output. In other words, the harder you work out, the more calories you will burn in a short amount of time.
- Treat yourself to a post-workout protein shake. Fast-absorbing proteins in the form of powders and shakes have taken within 30 minutes of exercise deliver amino acids into your bloodstream to help your tired muscles recover quickly and rebound stronger. This will help you maintain the intensity of your weight-loss regimen.
- Stay motivated and put in as much effort as possible. Losing weight is a demanding task and depends on the amount of energy you expend. If you want to see tangible results, you need to put in as much work as possible.
Weight Loss Help Near You in San Antonio, Texas
At Koko FitClub in San Antonio-Alamo Heights, we are committed to providing you with the resources you need to effectively lose weight while building strength and enhancing your overall health and well-being.
With Koko Fuel, our customized, research-backed diet plan, you’ll have the tools and support you need to achieve your weight loss goals. It is based on your body and activity levels, with the proper nutritional balance you need to build lean muscle, boost metabolism, lose weight, and burn fat. Koko Fuel includes:
- 24/7 online nutritional guidance
- Delicious, easy-to-follow daily meal plans and menus
- Weekly challenges to keep you engaged
- Intensive 21-day “booster” programs to get a jump start on your goals
Koko Fuel integrates all of this with your Koko Smartraining personalized exercise program.
To learn more and get started on the road to a healthier lifestyle, contact Koko FitClub San Antonio – Alamo Heights today at (210) 560-3044 to schedule an appointment at our Alamo Heights/Carousel Court location. You can also use our convenient online form.